View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #288
Ghost Missle

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Modified Eliminator Wars in the 70's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar68 View Post
Looks fantastic! Congratulations on a top-notch restoration/resurrection!

Pete

P.S. What was Butch's reaction? Any of his comments you'd like to share with us?
Thanks Pete!

Butch had the best time from the minute he arrived. He even stayed into Sunday. I heard him telling people several times that the right guys got the car and he was extremely pleased with the result. He has called every few days since and we have some deals cooking where show promoters have offered to help out with expenses if he comes out again. He really wants us to bring the car to SEMA which means a tow to Vegas so that is still in the works. He had quite a few friends stop by and Gill Kirk sat down beside him for a couple of hours on Saturday. Carroll Fink stopped by to visit and promised to bring to his SS/EA Hemi Cuda convertible next year. He joked that it's only 20 minutes up the road and that he ought to just drive it there!

Ever since we started putting up the Nat's tent (40 x 120) I have been on a mission to get all of the Missile cars there at the same time. We have had Arnie's Challenger and his Wire Car brought by Joe Pappas every year, Ben Donhoff's original Missile Duster two years and E.B. Merritt's Missile Cuda one year. It's like herding cats though and the best I have been able to do so far is three at once. Mcgrath Kean was going to bring his Fon's Missile Duster this year too but the truck driver was tied up (he did manage to bring a Billy Stepp Duster). We shall redouble efforts for next year!