View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 06:24 PM   #65
wagonboy

Liked 26 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: TruSTART GAINS MOMENTUM WITH ACCUTIME

Agree with Tony. What I most like about the Idea of TruStart is BOTH drivers have to do their job. The way it is now, anyone using a delaybox with crossover, or leaving at the same time (sst,sg,sc) are killing the tree.

The only person who does not have to " do a good job" at the tree, is the driver of a faster car, who sees the first guy go red. Usually they become lax at the tree ( depending on the split) and are not forced to perform - because the outcome has already been decided. I like the idea of TruStart because no matter what scenario is at the starting line, BOTH drivers need to do their job at the tree.

I also understand that working on your combo is important. However, what if I have spent countless hours working on and spending money on my combo. I have out spent and out worked the person I am lined up agianst, to get my car further under the index than them. Only to leave first because my combo is in a slower class.

I also think it can help the sport by keeping "slower" cars in the mix. If they feel they can be more competitive. Generally speaking, most people come into the sport with a slower car, if they can have some success and be encouraged to stay with it, maybe they stay in longer and grow in the sport. It may only affect a few, but we all know we can use the growth.
wagonboy is offline   Reply With Quote