Thread: Evans Coolant
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 703 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Evans Coolant

I used it for several years when I had a set of heads that would leak when coolant pressure got over 10 -12 PSI .
Evans coolant allows the use of zero pressure in the system so I got by for a year or so till I replaced the heads .
I also used it in my Stocker ,where I found it really helped the consistency and a little quicker ET even though the coolant temp was higher .
Your coolant temp will be higher due to the coolant having a better heat absorption than straight water, meaning the actual temperature of the cylinder and head are lower because the coolant is absorbing the heat.
The coolant is defiantly not for everyone ,but it does have it's uses. especially for racers who have to store their cars in cold areas and it does not damage aluminum heads or radiators .
It's also a little pricey , but it can be reused over and over . .. there is very little degradation.

Read their web site ,It really explains the function of the coolant
I noticed you are in DIV 5 , it might have some benefit over straight water at the higher altitude tracks due to its much higher boiling point.

Last edited by Tom Goldman; 02-12-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Tom Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote