View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 06:31 PM   #4481
LO23

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Hey Clint

Below are a bunch of pics of how I have mine mounted. I understand Tim's desire of putting a motor plate into it, but if it never has had one before, why install one now. It was good till now right???
As far as the lead in the trunk. Hey, that's pretty cool. Get a flashlight and mirror and have a look in there. These truck lids are very heavy with no added weight to them if the torsion bars have been removed to assist in the lift.

liteweight
]

Thank you for the photos, very helpful, and looks terrific. I assume that Tim at FHO is just concerned because the engine is going to be making 300 or more hp than the current one. But I posed the question to him, does he think it is absolutely necessary, because I would rather go without it, if possible. He hasn't responded yet.

As for the trunk lid, I too questioned whether it might be possible that the lid itself was just that heavy without the mechanical assistance, but the weight seems extreme. Also, the certainty of added weight was confirmed when I was put in touch with an old racer who was friends with Dick Smith and worked on the car, and said he "thought we put about 100 lbs of lead in the trunk lid of Dicks car"! Yup, that sounds about right, lol.

Last edited by LO23; 03-30-2017 at 06:33 PM.
LO23 is offline   Reply With Quote