Thread: nhra w/sa
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 02:06 AM   #40
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Thumbs up Re: nhra w/sa

I applaud your desire and effort to build and race a combo that's against the norm. I found my originally bought '76 Chevy Vega that I won 7 bracket races in 8 final rounds between '77 and '79, and also was the lone semi-finalist in Street Eliminator at the '79 Division Five ET Finals, because I too wanted to run W/SA. However, the original 140ci 4cyl engine was replaced with a 151ci Iron Duke Ponfiac motor, and even worse it had a 5spd manual transmission instead of my originally equipped Turbo Hydro 250 automatic. I sadly walked away from my first new car because I felt it would be too hard to find that engine/tranny combo in '93. However, after I saw a Z24 Cavalier in an IHRA Stock Eliminator final round, I had to have one, and found one that was exactly like that one, and am enjoying the challenge of racing an otherwise odd combo, although it hasn't been easy o'er the years, but it's definitely a dime rocket!

I wish you all the best in whatever combo you campaign, and I look forward to seeing the finished product, especially on the strip!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote