View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #13
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Liked 65 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Super Stock "GT" and SRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
You know Jim, I just don't think that is true. I was on it (SRAC) along with Jeff Taylor until a couple of years ago, and it was brought forward and not acted on by NHRA. People have been asking for this for years, and it's worse with the new cars with all the new motor combinations that are out there now that were not before. It was always 'no interest'.

Jeff,

I can only tell you what NHRA told me and they are good to go. When you sat on the board why didn't they approve it then?

I've only been involved with 3 race series over the past 30 years. Fun Ford Weekend, NMRA, and NMCA. If they could start a new class that would bring 100+ cars to the race series they would do it in a heartbeat. To most racers their race cars are their second or first love. It would be cool to see a 2016 Supercharged COPO engine in a 69 Camaro. The same goes for a 68 Shelby with a new Coyote cobra jet engine. Or like David Barton said a new 426 Hemi in a old Dodge.

If its the SRAC or NHRA maybe we can bring them together and this could happen...

Jim D'Amore