View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #14
DailyDriverSst

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Throttle Stop w/ 1 blade TB / roll RPM Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5 Pete View Post
Question about the single blade TB.

Are you talking about a cable operated TB with a throttle stop, or using a plate under a DBW TB?

I’m trying to figure out a solution to this same problem as the OP. I’m currently using a DBW TB, but I can make the switch to cable, if it’s the only way to make it work.

Thanks for any guidance.
Cable operated TB. FAST/Accufab 4150 (4x44mm) comes with morse ball and F&B 2x58mm can be optioned for a morse ball. Single blade I am still working on, but i'm told that if you can get through to Accufab or Holley tech support, that it's possible to have a morse ball linkage made for their 90-105mm TB's. Worse case, there are 10" cable-wrap to 10-24 morse stud adapters made. But I hate cable-wrap TB's because you can't use a toe hook if it hangs open- it will just push the cable off the guide rather than push the blade closed.

A blade stop will not work with EFI for same reason it won't work with Enderle/Rons injection. You can restrict the airflow all you want, but the barrel valve or ECU TPS will still see WOT and be dumping fuel in.

Just for my 2¢ , I agree (especially in my case of being on the heavy side for factory interior; essentially super stock trim) that coming on the stop in high gear will control wheel speed but lose MPH and possible consistency from the motor lugging from basically a 20-30 MPH roll in high gear. On the other hand, coming off the stop in low gear may yield a traction limited situation depending on how the boost curve comes in.

I'd like to think that even at 9" wide, a 30" tire with a powerglide and 3.89 gear would be pretty damn hard to spin coming off the stop in low gear. But again, depends on the boost curve.
DailyDriverSst is offline   Reply With Quote