View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,157 Times in 1,236 Posts
Default Re: Shop, need suggestions

I thought about a four post, but even though you can move it around, the two post takes up less space. With a two post I can have a car on either side and I’m able to keep the middle open for street car work.

I was thinking on going with Ulti-MATE cabinets. They are reasonable priced and come in white.

I went with the metal for the interior walls instead of drywall. I hate painting, and the drywall would have made a mess of everything, with tape and painting. It was a pain just moving stuff from one side to another, as you can tell by the mess. Drywall would have been a nightmare. I like the idea of being able to get behind the wall for electric or air with just removing a few screws. I ran all my air lines behind the wall. I do have a fire extinguisher right next to the door as you come in.

Here a few more shots, I built these enclosures on the sides and one in the back. I was tired of looking at everything. The one in the back is for light fabrication, drill press, bandsaw, grinders, welder and to store the air compressor. The sides are for oil storage, chemicals and a utility closest for brooms, vacuum, stuff like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ga copy.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	12583   Click image for larger version

Name:	gb.jpg
Views:	924
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	12584   Click image for larger version

Name:	gc.jpg
Views:	946