View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #458
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,958 Times in 493 Posts
Default Re: H-I-J '76 Nova re-fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painter View Post
I am looking at all these battery cables in the engine compartment and wondering what the heck is going on here. Why can't we charge the battery without the charging lugs? Why can't we disconnect the battery at the battery without the battery switch? The KISS theory was not used here. When this car rolls across the scales little thi gas like this will all add up, quickly. And the more connections there are, the more possibilities there are for loose connections. But what do I know?
Over simplification has never been my strong suit, in fact I over complicate nearly every aspect of my existence, kind of like this very thread, documenting all this crap with pictures and wasting time. Here's the thing, I do it how I do it, doesn't need to be right in someone elses eyes. I taught my kid how to make panels from a cardboard template last week... I win.
The charging lugs you say, well here's the deal, I never owned a car that needed the battery charged, so off we go to the track, drag out a battery charger and stretch it across my pit to charge the damn battery. Well I trip over the cord twice and I got pissed off, so now guess what... I keep my charger and the cords next to the trailer so I still don't have to pick up my feet when I walk... Aaand the battery still gets charged, just my way of doing it. Plus my wife said I can't spend over $500 per week on the car, and if I don't spend it every week where will I be when I have to appeal to the budget committee for an annual increase? I just made that up, I can spend as much as I want!