View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile Re: I'm new here: Super Comp/Top Comp dragsters

Barraccuda
"How hard is it to get into this? What would my best bet be as far as wheel base and 4-link, etc? what tracks can we run at? How much would a typical day at the track cost me?

I know some people who want to be a part of my crew if we do this on our own but they are fresh out of school and would be rookies with me.
Anyone have any suggestions? Should we not go forward with the plan to buy or build one? "

You will find it easy if you have some money, As far as wheel base goes anything from 200-230" will work. The four link cars definately stop better and may be more consistent on a marginal track but the cost twice as much. Since I don't know where you are located I can't recommend a track to you. I currently budget ~$300 a day (Driver & 2 crew) and most of the tracks I race at are 100 mi. from home.

I would recommend that you get at least one experienced guy to help you out for a while He can help you and a novice crew learn what to look for and what is important and what to expect. I have raced by myself but I don't enjoy it nearly as much.

As far as build it or buy it ? I build my own out of necessity but Chris is right buying a roller or a turnkey in todays economy will save you time and money. But get someone who 's knowledgeable to look at it or you could be sorry.
If you have any more questions you can e-mail me at : Greatbaer@sbcglobal.net and I will try to help you as much as I can.