View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
barracuda

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face I'm new here: Super Comp/Top Comp dragsters

I recently attended Frank Hawley's Drag Racing school and earned my super comp license. I am NHRA Licensed now. I am extremely new to dragsters as I have raced in other classes in the last 10 years.
I am looking to find someone with one that they no longer want to drive who wouldn't mind me driving for them however, I have had no such success with that. So, now we are thinking about buying or building one but the only problem is, we know pretty close to nothing about dragsters. We know the motors they run but it stops there.
How hard is it to get into this? What would my best bet be as far as wheel base and 4-link, etc? what tracks can we run at? How much would a typical day at the track cost me?

I know some people who want to be a part of my crew if we do this on our own but they are fresh out of school and would be rookies with me.
Anyone have any suggestions? Should we not go forward with the plan to buy or build one?

Oh, I forgot to mention, I have some family members who used to race top dragsters and my father builds cars however, they all live 17 hours away from me so the building would be by them, they do know about them.
barracuda is offline   Reply With Quote