View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 07:02 PM   #10
Dan Lattimore

Liked 158 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: Your Race Car.... Then and Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Panzino View Post
Very neat topic Ken. Here are some shots of my "second lady love" over the years.
Joe Scott built this car as the somewhat infamous "Nickelodeon neon green slimer", well known in div 1 in the early 90's. He sold it to another gent who then painted it silver, then only after a year or two of dabbling in racing he traded it to the Matukas family as partial payment for a new SS s-10 truck they built for him. I then purchased her from the Matukas's as a roller in 1999 . Its so hard to explain to folks who just don't understand the connection you can have with an inanimate object.....there are times where you just make a connection to a car/machine that goes beyond what would otherwise seem logical... I will never, ever sell or otherwise get rid of this car, so long as I am alive.

I bought this car just past the apex of my battle with cancer when I was finally confident I would actually live past the next year or two. This "car" (yes that term seems so insignificant to those who don't get it) is a part of my life that just cannot be explained in any practical or logical fashion to those outside the "racing" circle....
Funny how a car sitting neglected in the tall grass in my neighbor's yard could wind up parked in a warm garage---- famous and highly prized by someone else. :-)