View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #14
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,900 Times in 644 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone heard from James Williamson?

Hey Mr Walt, our home is fine with only a little minor wind damage. We have a house on the river across from the downtown area that you've probably seen on the news. It was our first house when we got married and we rent it out now but it did suffer some damage but the house is elevated thankfully so water didn't get into the living space. There was over seven feet of water in the garage area of that house. We also bought a beach place at Emerald Isle this year, great timing right? Unfortunately that area is so heavily damaged that we've not been allowed back to yet so we're praying for the best there.
What this thing has done for me is restored my faith in mankind. There are people from all over the country here helping and assisting people of all walks of life. Things are really moving along but there is a long way to go. We have had these issues before but this is the worst in my lifetime.
I just hope people will continue to show support and help in any way they can. Even though the flooding has receded here there are still lots of communities under several feet of flood water around us as all the rain water now comes back downstream toward the ocean.
I thank you and everyone else's concern and I do hope to be back racing and reporting real soon and I'm hopeful that I can make it to Silver Dollar next weekend. All the calls, texts and Facebook messages as well as private messages on here have made me real proud to be a small part of the racing community. Thanks again!