View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
cal

Liked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cal
Smile What Changes In Super Classes Would You Like To See

Hello All
I been outta racing for several years, and just returned last season to my true love,
"DRAG RACING".
I mostly bracket race, but ran a couple IHRA Nitro Jams races, and competed in Hot Rod.
And to my suprise I liked it, and hope to attend several S/ST & H/R races this coming season.

I guess my question is, is there anything you the races see that would make the class more appealing to other racers and to fans. Is there something that you think should be changed in your particular Super class.

Do you think S/ST H/R would be a better class with no throttle stop?
Should S/ST H/R be for back half type cars only?
Must have Stock Firewall and a stock dash?
Should the minum weight be raised to 3000 lbs?
Should all cars in S/ST H/R have a glass windsheild?
I really like all the different types of cars competeing in S/ST H/R.

I like the 5 tenths Pro Tree, as far as the Scotty rule goes, I think you should only be able to run 1 super class, if you want to run a 2nd class run Stock or Super Stock, T/D or T/S, or? (but it really doesnt matter to me)
The 10.90 index is fine, but so would a 10.50 index too.

I allready sold my slow 10.70 motor and have a 9.50 motor in the works, so I can throttle stop too. LOL

Maybe what NHRA should be doing is putting a maxium MPH for all 3 Super Classes.
From a fans point of veiw 8.90 at 190 MPH is not as appealing as a 8.90 at 160 MPH
without a throttle stop. can they really tell if the car is going 160 MPH or 190 MPH.

It appears that index racing is not for everybody, but I'm sure looking forward to learning more about it. Racing as many races as I can. Having FUN meeting new racers and making new friends.

O well my 2 cents not that its worth that much LOL
Cal
HR 177X
cal is offline   Reply With Quote