View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #10
Erik Jones

Liked 48 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Jones Head - Racers Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by TILBURG View Post
Ok I guess I'll be the first to jump in. In no way is anything I say intended to bash mr Jones. NHRA has been going down the aftermarket path for some time. Not saying it's all been for the best but that's for you guys to judge. But this one until somethings get cleared up I do have a problem with. The angle plug deal Im not going to waste anytime with that there are enough people on here to debate that. But if in fact the head was cast by somebody for Eric then that's a game changer in the world of aftermarket heads. That I'm not sure we should be going down. Do I feel there should be a porters head for s/s? Yes As long as its coming from a manufacturer that anybody else can call summit jegs etc and get the same thing. If the pictures that were forwarded to me were correct it's just a AFR head with the logo machined off. But I'm not here to say the photos were correct. I guess in the end my question is if they allow a person to have there own casting or control over the casting where is this going to ever end?
Tilburg,

Hopefully i can clear up some of the issues with this whole deal. NHRA actually has a pretty strict guideline on their accepted products. I have been working on making parts and getting them approved and on the list for about 2 years. I have Pistons and now Cylinder Heads along with other parts like rockers, carb plates etc.. that i designed to fix specific problem. All of the NHRA accepted products have to be available to the general public and that is exactly what i have done. Anyone can buy my accepted products directly as stated on my web site.

With that being said i followed the same procedure as any of the companies on the list and waited my turn. I have heard for years that we need a smaller casting to start with so that is what i did. This is a fully machined head with seats and guides installed (in the approved location) just like the 4 other approved SBC heads on the list except i eliminated the "bogus welding" so any racer could start with the exact same platform as everyone else without the cost. In my opinion this levels the ball field. NHRA knows exactly who casts the heads because that is the first requirement on the letter that gets submitted. This is no different that the FE Pro Port casting that we have had for years.