View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 08:28 PM   #30
BobbyH

Liked 59 Times in 17 Posts
Thumbs up Re: If an advocate could be found - what would you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonboy View Post
1320 racer:

Your comments and opinions are no longer needed here. What you have to share will in no way help this conversation. You have never raced stock or super stock, so your opinion is not warranted for that arena.

As someone who has been around this sport my entire life, i can answer to the question that was addressed in this thread.

I truly feel that the majority of stock and super stock racers want the recognition and rule support for the performance part of the classes. It takes a lot of time and knowledge to get a car to run well. To not uphold the rules or at least check engines really can take the joy out of building a legitimate fast car. If everyone else is fast, but are cheating to do it, what does it mean anymore.

I think with class being dropped, that shows that nhra does not want to invest in the man power to police their rules and does not really "care" about performance catagories in sportsman racing. It is a headache to them.

It takes money to make money- they are saving all they can.

As far as the super classes and t/s and t/d. They "seem" to be doing well.

Change is an inevitable. Some things may come to an end, new things come to be.

I dont know if the purse is the drive for many racers. I feel, it is about the level of competition, quality of the venue and its systems and knowing you have accomplished something next to and around some of the best in the business.

Contingencies -win on sunday- buy on monday. I dont think the manufacturers are seeing it that way any more.

Thanks,

hope some of this helps.

Ryan
amen
BobbyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked