View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 11:08 AM   #28
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts
Smile Re: Well, I guess when it is in your blood........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rolik View Post
Hi Larry,

Referencing my earlier post as well, I had inquired along the way about taking over Bill Meerholz's SS/JA 71 Cuda, which I had driven before. Well built car with Dave Weber power. And again, that was BEFORE everything that is available today. Shaker hood as a bonus. Plus only 30 minutes away. However, Bill's son expressed interest in it with the intention of converting to Pro Street, and it is now, and has been, in his possession. The car has been idle, but his intentions are still the same. That car would have been my first choice, given the HP reductions, among other things. So, in short, my new acquisition will suffice! Rock on!

Bill Rolik
Congrads on the purchase, since you need weight, to cover up the studio 54 Disco Color Scheme(which owner painted it that?), you might be best served getting it wrapped and save the $ and painting skills for the Cuda.

Re seats, even better than stock, dragpak viper seats(09), so comfy, its hard to even describe how nice they are.

The 2010 versions aren't quite as nice, they were Jegs seats, not leather but still real nice, not sure if they are still sold new, I have a new in the box pair in the attic if you need, I just acquired another set of 09 seats for the Dart/Duster.

Tim put sanhuffs on the front, so you should be able to launch and forget.

The 62 383 2-4 @ 330 is a extremely thought provoking motor.....super cool, but likely not as good of a combo and the 383-4 @ 304 , maybe cheaper to build?

Too bad about the Cuda, I think he will be reducing its value going the pro-street route.

Have fun and we'll see you in the lanes I'm sure.

Eric