View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 07:23 PM   #16
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts
Exclamation Re: Rules for SGMP race March 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie2370 View Post
Thats what Im gonna use as a shortblock as my NHRA legal stocker engine(not IHRA crate motor), it has dish pistons with the correct number stamped on top(thats about all that's correct lol). I have some 993 heads I got from a dirt track racer, man do they flow!!! Still look "untouched" too. So without pulling a piston or CCing the heads, no one will ever know. Who wants to lose a heads up run with that much money on the line, especially considering no NHRA AHFS in place. Cam may be a little bit big also but not very many people know how to measure actual lobe lift sooo.......OH and I have a superstock 850cfm quadrajet so fueling that engine shouldn't be an issue.

If yall don't think this won't happen at this race you are crazy. It happens just about as bad under NHRA Tech. I love that they are putting on this race and I hope it goes over great. If I still have my car I will probably be there(it is VERY legal FYI)
Quite funny, don't forget all the other bracket toys, the nitrous, the bump box, delay box if you can't hit the 3rd bulb, matty box(don't forget to tie down the front end), don't neglect yourself, a touch of ADHT medicine for sharpness, down track spotters, lazers from the stands for the opponents lane, if your going to "relax" the rules, might as well go all out......