View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Dennis424C

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Scaling HELP !!!

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas...
I have a 69 Nova that is a stocker converted bracket car. I normally leave the line and pull the wheels about 4' to 5' and the weight transfer is good 9" tire. I have all the trick suspension (double adjust Afco shocks all the way around ,all global west up front ,cal-trac bars and rear leafs...) the car is almost right but I am stumped. Once the car leaves the line and pulls the wheels it starts to "roll" to the left. I tried to add a little more left bar on the cal-tracs and even tried a little bit of variance in the shock setting left to right, nothing has really fixed it but I have not been real aggressive with the changes either. This off season I have wanted to cure the problem and tried relocating some weight from the right rear to the left rear but that only seemed to make the problem worse. So as the car is on the scales now I am 100# heavy on the left rear in comparison to the right. Does anyone out there have some good advice on a baseline as to where the weights should be on the scales and front/rear shock settings.
Dennis424C is offline   Reply With Quote