View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #17
Hemiparts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Two Lane Blacktop The movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerhead55 View Post
I always thought the audio was pretty cool also. Besides the old race footage, including the A.H.R.A. event they happened across,, I thought the best scene in the movie was when they took the GTO driver for a "wakeup" ride in the '55. The "Holy S#!t look on his face while hes getting planted in the seat is priceless! How many times have we done that to an unsuspecting passenger,, I know I have.
Danny Durham
Awesome movie !! some great footage of the BrotherHood Street Racing Assoc in the opening scenes. very few words bit a couple of great lines..

opening scene " I think that Hemi had a TorqueFlite"
drive in scene "Ordinarly i jump @ the oppertunity, but the thing is i'm not in the habit of seeing the chevy work against a piece of junk, let's make it 50... make it 3 large explict'er an we'll have ourselves and automobile race...
Couple of neat facts... The crew could not keep the car running on the 2 carbs you see in the engine scenes. So they made a stand to set the carbs on so you could see them through the windshield and run the car on a single carb.. The guy who comes out the garage in then gas station scene who the the Thames " with some transmission trouble" was the guy who built the car for the movie.And you never know how it ends...

Chris
Hemiparts is offline   Reply With Quote