View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #23
SSGT Mustang

Liked 203 Times in 53 Posts
Default Re: Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward / Sprint car accident

I don't think that this was an accident at all. The kid got out of his car...during a race...to confront someone who was still driving...and got run over. That's not an accident.

If he had spun and stayed belted until the safety crew arrived, and got hit by another car that was still racing...then, yes, that would have more than likely been an accident. But, that's not how it went down.

It's almost like a road rage deal. If you get out of your car to confront someone because they pissed you off, then you had better be prepared to pay any consequences...including getting run over.

The tragedy as far as I'm concerned is that the kid died needlessly by his own doing, and his family is no doubt devastated.

What's also tragic is the way the media is eagerly coming forward to portray racing as almost a public menace. I heard one idiot commenting about how dangerous it is and "how fast cars are allowed to go." Are you kidding?

You just watch. The politicians are next. Laws will be passed, and lawsuits will be filed. Racing will either become a thing of the past, or destroyed by silly rules and regulations that will take the sport out of it. Or worse yet, it will become too expensive because the easy lawsuits will make it too risky for tracks to host races or drivers compete in them.
SSGT Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote