View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #161
David Barton
Sponsor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hemi Head Ruling

Stewart, that's not what I meant. I realize the rules for sections like the carburetors cross over. I was saying that if a section is written in Super Stock, it replaces whatever it said in Stock. If that wasn't the case then nobody can run head studs either. It says in Stock, cylinder head studs prohibited, and nothing in Super Stock. This is no different than the valve cover bolt hole issue. But like you said, the key is enforcement. Whatever the rules are they need to be the same for everyone.

This whole thread was started because I wanted to shed some light on the situation. I sat around for months while guys were accusing us of cheating and ruining the class. I want nothing more than to protect the rules and play fair. We have been cutting into the valve cover bolt holes forever and have been through teardown enough times to fill our wall full of records. And not once did I ever hear anything from anybody about valve cover bolt holes. If it was illegal you would think somebody in the last few decades would have said something.

Either way we're moving on and going racing. We're super excited to go down South and support the cause while others just use it as another excuse to not go racing.

Last edited by David Barton; 03-12-2013 at 10:04 PM.
David Barton is offline   Reply With Quote