View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 01:10 PM   #1
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts
Default Santhuff or Fast Shocks

Looking for some recommendations for front shock issues. 67 Camaro, Moroso trick front coil springs, Steel headed big block Chevy, turbo 400, full interior, 3700 #'s with 200 # driver. Car wheel stands 2-3 feet in the air. 60 foot 1.35-1.37, Actually tripped the 60 ft. timer with the back tires this passed week. The problem is the landing. It bottoms out the suspension so bad that it's actually knocked the head lights out of the car, and cracked one of the header tubes. I use Afco 3840F/BNC front shocks. They have been sent back to Afco several times, to be re-valved to fix this problem, with only minor results. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm passed the point of the Afco shock's ability to control the landing. I know there are several Stock and Super Stock cars doing 2-3 foot wheel stands out there. I understand I am 200-300 pounds heavier than a typical big block Camaro, but there must be a way that these other cars are dealing with this issue better than my situation. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked