Thread: Indy 2017
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #3
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts
Default Re: Indy 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
What has happened to the most important race of the year called Indy?

No Redman parking rigs. Instead racers can park themselves.

No Redman coming around letting everyone know its time to race. Instead you get a text message when its time to run.

No thorough pre-race inspection. Instead cars will be glanced at when called to the staging lanes just before Q1.

No teardown. Instead racers are solely "responsible for the legality of their own cars".

Someone with power in the organization made the decision to change what had worked very well for many years. These decisions will leave a lot of doubt in racers minds.
I can't wait for the cluster **** that will be pit parking on Tuesday. If they are smart they will start on Monday. Fortunately I know exactly where I want to park and plan to be there early.

The reason for a glance over for tech is, it requires knowledgeable people. Which they have but I'm sure they aren't free. pretty soon each car will have a bar code on it that they scan for tech LOL They check out boy from the local supermarket could do tech inspection.

The reason for no Tear down is the same as above, Plus some of the FS cars aren't easy to tear down, and they couldn't risk one of their golden paycheck cars getting thrown out.

On the bright side the weather looks good for Indy this year