View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Out of doors, into dragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigchief588 View Post
Bill, you mean a pillow for the trailer? I noticed trouble just loading the car, luckily it had no motor and I had plenty of help to lift the front end and walk it in.I was thinking of the race ramp set-up or if you have any suggestions? It's going to be different, but it should be great. Playing with fuel pump set-up, the fellow before me used a belt drive pump, I have a dry sump set-up so there is already to much stuff in the front. S&W makes a cool bracket to mount a Barry Grant style pump right to the rail, than seat belts and a new cell, had wrap around style belts, they're outdated, was thinking of mounting tabs for bolt in, not sure yet.I really appreciate any info, it really helps, thanks again
No, I was talking about a chassis stabilizer like Chris mentioned. As the trailer goes down the road the chassis will flex with every bump in the road and eventually if you don't prevent it from doing so it will crack somewhere.

I have a 4'extension on my ramp door but I still had to jack up the trailer so I recently fabricated a dolly to pick up the front of the chassis and that helped considerably.

The Barry Grant pump will work just make sure that both the gound wire and the power wire are large enough, that you have a good ground and drive it through a large enough relay.

I like Chris .also use wrap arround style belts if you think about it they are actually stronger than bolt in belts with tabs. I currently use Hooker Custom Harness for my belts (because mine are a little unusual) I would suggest that you contact them. Also I find the cam lock belts easier to put on in the car than the lever/latch type.

Last edited by Bill Baer; 03-17-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Bill Baer is offline   Reply With Quote