View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 11:43 AM   #30
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts
Default Re: Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340Cuda View Post
I have never raced at the Denver track but have been there several times as a spectator, and will be there Sunday for the finals.

In my opinion it is a very nice track, I really like being able to walk out of the pits into the top of the grandstands.

That being said, I fully understand the short fields in Stock and Super Stock. The distance from the starting line is one thing but not unique. Given the configuration, cut into the side of a mountain not much else they can do. However as pointed out the Stock and Super Stock pits are dirty and dusty.

The owners certainly are not afraid to spend money, geez who else has a starting line surface that can be cooled or heated as necessary.

They are astute business people so my only guess is that they don't think there would be a return on their investment.

My plan after the race is to write a polite letter and copy NHRA that I am a Stock/Super Stock fan and I was disappointed by the low car count and tell them why I think few folks will come.

I would suggest any of the racers here, that would like to race at Denver and won't do the same thing.

Bill
To answer your question, Galot Motorsports Park here in Division2 has heated and cooled starting line. Denver looks like a cool place, I would like to run but I will have to wait until my retirement years most likely. Its a bit of a tow from here on the East coast!