Old 07-19-2018, 11:21 PM   #25
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Default Re: Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Brand 505B View Post
After racing at half of the national event tracks in the country I've come to the conclusion on Bandimere's pit status. For those that regularly race there the restroom status at the national is the same as a regular bracket race. For those that only come once a year for the national, you pit past the sand trap. Now this sounds far from the starting line and it is, but no where near as far away as topeka or gainesville. If you enjoy racing Sundays there aren't many places that equate to the feeling of Bandimere. Most spectators stick around for the sportsman rounds whether they plan to or Bandimere schedules it that way. You feel like you're racing in front of more people than you have ever have before. All in all it's a great experience.
To add to what Michael said, they also are the only track (at national event level), that I've raced on (and I've been to many in both D5, and D7, plus a couple thus far in D4's area), that has a cool-down area that will cool about 10 cars side-by-side at one time, as well as the down hill staging lanes. I'm still wishing I could have a do-over of the quarter-finals against Ryan McClanahan (and this is another reason I moved to Phoenix), because my failure of handling Denver's 98 degree temperature on Sunday (after posting a .006 package on Tony Hernandez in the 3rd round, and my inexperience with being past round three of a national event), caused me to rush up to the staging lanes after getting some cool refreshment for myself negating a certain rnd 4 winning cool down on my intake plenum. My car was .013 over my 16.66 sec. index and Ryan was only .015 over his dial....had I just ran .06 quicker, the way he passed me down track, I would've broken him out, and I would've been racing Mike Loge in the semi's. I've been wanting a rematch with Ryan ever since, and now that I live here in D7, someday I may get it, but I wish I could have that race over again....

Lane and Randy were very helpful to me at that race, and I'm forever thankful to them for it, and although I won't be there this year, I have some unfinished business up there at that race, after two 3rd round and one 4th (quarter-final) round finish, so that track and that race are on my radar for the future, and my work has allowed my racing budget to continuously improve year by year, so Bandimere Speedway will see me again, although I won't get to possibly race Ryan in that Firebird Formula again (since he sold it or parked it?), but somehow, someday, someway I'll get a rematch with him (because on the starting line I was 4-0, but sadly 3-1 at the finish), and I can't wait!!!!

Next time I make it that far in a race, if you know someone who wants to make an easy $20 bucks, have them show up in the lanes with a soda cup with lots of ice in it....if I don't remember my own, I'll probably buy it from them!!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 07-19-2018 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Unfinished post, but at least I finished this!
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote