View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #8
pmrphil

Liked 248 Times in 107 Posts
Default Re: Super Street Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
Lots of different ways you can go. If it were me, I'd still run a timed throttle stop, if only for a little blip. I helped a friend set up his car to shift on time, and we were able to adjust ET by moving the shift earlier and later in the run. Without a delay box, you are pretty limited.

You could still run a throttle stop under the carb without power to it, just closing the blades a little bit to serve as a restrictor plate for the entire run.

If you have access to some restrictor plates, those could be used to at least get you within a tenth. I know some guys that use them to keep their car above 10.00, and it seems that every change of 0.100" in hole size changes the ET about 0.10.

Completely getting out of the throttle at the 1000 foot cone will kill something in the 0.10 to 0.15 range. My 10.30 car is right at 0.12 doing that, although I probably wouldn't recommend racing that way.

Ken has the correct explanation of the .470 tree. I'd also probably take his advice about shifting early to kill a good chunk of ET to start with.

Also - I believe Phil has too many zeroes in his mid-track whomp impact. It will be a lot closer to .03 than to .003. I probably would have said .02 but all "whomps" are not created equal.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!
OOPS !!! Very much right you are.