View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #22
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,030 Times in 269 Posts
Default Re: 1969 Chevelle Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
My Dad removed the lettering after he bought it and ran it on the street. I was against it, but we know how much say a 14 yr old has in stuff like this. I like the vintage paint and 'war wound' scratches and marks, but I will need to do some rust repair on the quarters, front fender bottoms and rear window frame. So a full paint job might have to occur. We are going to add the history of the car to the decklid in a tasteful manner and as a tribute to Jim.

We might run this car as a stick with the 350/255 combo, but not if we ever run the 427. Go big or go home is the mantra I absolutely live by (often to my own detriment), but the break everything, miss races, pouring money into it daily thing possibility of a big block, heavy stick car thing scares me. I am recently engaged, have a 5 yr old and probably another baby within 2 years and my Dad is going to retire in the near future. We are watching our nickels in order to pull this off. Jim is smilling down on this father-son project, I can feel it
If you run the 427/425 as a stick, it is a natural A car, and can run CC. At the weight for those two classes, it shouldn't be real hard on parts. In fact, CC is probably a pretty good class for it, if you look at the stats, you'll not see very many CC/S cars. There are not too many A/S cars, either, and most of the "new" cars don't run a stick.