View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Opinions on stocker 30x9 radial slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Hustler View Post
I would like to get some opinions/experiences on which mfg's radials hook best, recover if spin, and last the longest. My experience is with M/T 30x9 radial, lasted 56 runs, after that the car left like it ws still in the water box.
Any input is appreciated.
It's not the tire, in my opinion.

I run the 30x9 M/T (#3066R). I get 112-115 runs out of them (although the last set was at 117 when I took them off, and still didn't have the chords showing, and had my best 60' on the last run of a 4-day weekend, winning 3 out of 4 races). I've been 1.40 on chords, although when you get to the chords, they're going to be hit n' miss.

A lot of Stocker guys run 21+ psi of air in the radials. I run them full time, even bracket racing, and use 17-18psi. At that point, the only time they'll ever spin is if there is physically something on the track, or the chords are hanging out. My car's not even scienced-out in terms of the chassis... I've got stock shocks all the way around, SS leaf springs and a pinion snubber. Car weighs 3330-3440 w/ driver, depending on what class I run it in.

It is essential that your rocker panels be free of any sand or debris. You'd be amazed at how many people overlook this and spin in their own trash pouring out of the wheel well, and blame it on the tire or the track.