View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #10
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,043 Times in 274 Posts
Default Re: Could this happen to YOUR hot rod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
Yes, I support the police and the law, you do not? Are you an anarchist?

If you DO NOT want to live in a country where you have to show your papers, I can assure you that you're going about that in the wrong way.

The EPA does not have officers to make arrests. So yes the DHS or Justice would be their office to make the arrest.

Trying to bring the as you say aliens is just trying to blur the picture.

These people broke the law plain and simple. The car was illegally modified. In the people did not know that it just not change the fact .Your paranoid rantings will not change that fact.

In which way I am going wrong about not having to show papers, that was a question or statement without any validity.
You obviously neither know nor support the law.

Exactly how was this vehicle modified? Do you know? For a fact? Do you even know the supposed reason the vehicle was confiscated? Or are you just taking it for granted that the government would never do anything questionable?

"As I say aliens"? If they are not illegal aliens, then exactly what are they? The law says they are illegal aliens. Dozens of laws, federal, state, and local clearly establish the definition of both "alien" and "illegal alien", laws tested and found to be perfectly in line with the Constitution, the supreme law of the land.

And you have no proof at all that the people who own the Land Rover broke the law. The truth is, if you read, the EPA and the Department of Homeland Security did in fact not only break the law, but also violated the Constitution. The warrant was completely illegal, as it did not have the name of the current owners on it. As such, no agency in the United States has the authority to go on to private property and serve the warrant. As I have served a warrant or two, the law clearly requires that every single piece of information on a warrant be absolutely correct, down to the letter. The names, address, and everything else on the warrant are required to be correct, to the letter. The name of the owner was in fact incorrect, it was the name of the 4th previous owner. The person named on the warrant was not the owner of the vehicle, nor the owner of the property the vehicle was parked on.

Further, the Department of Homeland Security is not charged with enforcing emissions laws, and it is even a stretch to say that they are charged with enforcing importation laws, especially not those that govern good such as motor vehicles.

Finally, the EPA does have its own enforcement section, and in fact, it has been recently stated that, along with the Internal Revenue Service, the EPA recently of all things purchased riot style shotguns, body armor, high capacity semi automatic handguns, and AR platform carbines.

Also, note that no one was arrested. A vehicle was confiscated.

Know the laws that govern your government and its agencies, and demand that those agencies adhere to those laws, lest those agencies trample your rights. Or, as was once stated a couple of hundred years ago:

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. --Patrick Henry