View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 02:44 PM   #15
JThomas

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: .370 back to .400 Pro Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Goldman View Post
Boy ,you guys just love to stir the pot don't you.
Anybody that thinks this will help car counts is fooling themselves , this about helping themselves !
You want a .400- .500 tree ?...Well then lets go back to the incandescent lights as well . .....Then lets see who is still on the tree !
I've held this in for a long time ,many racers have just gotten lazy and no longer work at the tree or their car .. ....Instead ,they want to change the tree to get a better light .
Racers need to realize Racing , as in life is not always equal . ....what do you do in life ? you work harder ,try harder . ....Racing should be the same way.
Instead of building a car for the class ,you want NHRA to change the rules to suit your car.
There are times I have a hard time on the .370LED tree , Gee ,what should I do ? I know ,I'll demand they change something till I have a .00 light ! NOT !
I go back and change the shock settings ,tire pressure ,4-link ,add ballast ,change launch rpm .
AND if that doesn't do it ,well I guess I'll put the snorkel on and dive it in !
This is NHRA Championship racing ,you have to earn that Wally , It ain't no "participation trophy" !
I agree with you 100%.
If the clubs like MASGA etc. want to use a 400 tree to get a few more entries, that is fine. If you want to run with the big dogs at the NHRA divisionals and nationals, make the car work for the class your racing.
JThomas is offline   Reply With Quote