View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 08:08 AM   #26
goinbroke2

Liked 174 Times in 60 Posts
Default Re: Interesting or Funny Car Stories

Had a 73 mustang with a 351C 4spd and was street racing it. We raced for $20 a pop (was a lot of money then!) I beat a couple cars and always juuuust beat them at the end then would say "man you almost had me there, double or nothing? Then we'd turn around and race back. Guy has a 428 Pontiac in a catalina and wants to race. We're on an old two lane chip seal road with 1/4 (or so) marked off that we're racing on. I say or so because everybody raced to the tree line anyway which was about a mile away or more. Made the run and just pulled around him at the 1/4 but then we both stayed in it, side by side to the tree line. Stopped turned around and was ready to go back and I see he's under the car. Problems? Nope, just the lock wire came a bit loose on the tie rod end.....pardon? The tie rod end was so bad he would have to continually re tighten the lockwire holding it together! That was the last street race I ever had, I realised if I go to a track then the other cars HAVE to be tech'd but not on the street. We were going 130mph side by side on a two lane ****ty country road and his tierod was tied in with lock wire!
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote