View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 01:36 AM   #26
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 246 Times in 99 Posts
Default Re: Removal of historic monuments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick6 View Post
I think you are the one that has added zilch, nada, nothing to the conversation. Your'e reasoning is all over the map and almost incoherent. And you make grandiose claims of some kind of victory in the conversation? I think you could have just said that no matter what you say, I will disagree. Quit acting like you want to learn someone else's view when you really don't.
i am sorry, you are the one who changed the subject constantly. I kept on the subject of the statues. You tried to conflate other subjects such as the horrors of the civil war which has nothing to do with the statues.

And when asked a direct question, which you still have not answered. Why France and Germany does not forget their history without statues and other wars have not been forgotten because they do not have statues.

Are people who support the south so brain dead that it takes a statue to remember your past?

And a vast majority of these statues were not erected with public funds, but by groups such as the sons of the confederacy and the daughters of the confederacy during the early part of the 20th century. And both groups were very much behind supporting the jim crow laws. You would have actually had this knowledge if you really did some research. You can your own opinion but you can't have your own alternative facts

Last edited by David Lee; 09-21-2017 at 01:40 AM.
David Lee is offline   Reply With Quote