View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 01:54 PM   #113
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 261 Posts
Default Re: HP Reduction Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Great point, but I don`t understand why?
More work for the tower crew?
Problem is, with the entry fees being $170+50, I don`t think it matters much if spectators show or not.
MJ
MJ,
To NHRA it probably doesn't matter, Esp at points meets. Anything the Racers say about it NHRA seems to consider it unnecessary and maybe an inconvenience. What most racers don't realize is NHRA is already paid and have their money.
For years and years I've heard racers say " NHRA should GIVE a points race to So and So Track". It doesn't work that way at all. There is no GIVE!
The Tracks buy the Points meet from NHRA. The tracks try to make their money back by the money coming through the gate. At one time points meets were so expensive it took about 400 cars entering for a track to break even. I just don't understand why Track owners are not insisting NHRA change rules and procedures that will Grow interest in the sport and fill the stands with spectators. I guess it is because some track owners are short on promotion skills and the desire to promote. When I was running my tracks I found I could promote the races and make more money by putting spectators in the stands than just continually raising entry prices for the racers. It was track owners that got the Alky cars separated from divisional so smaller tracks (tracks that can't handle 400 cars) could make money with a points meet..
In this case I think the track owners are the key to any operational or procedural changes like Index qualifying.

Last edited by Adger Smith; 01-16-2019 at 01:55 PM. Reason: sp
Adger Smith is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked