View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #27
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: NHRA allows Alum heads in stock/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
Well then what are you going to do with all your time if that happens. You will not be able tell us we are on the road to hell, and you are the only one who see's it . We will be in hell. I think its going to be a while before that happens.
The aluminum cylinder heads aproved is not the worst idea. Gives the racers who are having a hard time locating 40+ year old castings a chance.
Nobody was up in arms when they allowed a BB Chevy a crate motor intake or brand new D ported exhaust cylinder heads with a GM part # on them. This is just a sign of the times. Alowing new production heads is not an old idea. Now not only Fords and Chevys are not the only people who have them.
I just remember when I did this very thing in IHRA years ago and all the NHRA racers hated the idea and started calling IHRA the International Hillbilly Hot Rod association. Now you guys are loving it. It was a bad idea for IHRA but now that NHRA decided to do it all is good and they can "walk on water"......can you say HYPOCRITE ! Same deal on the roller rockers ! When IHRA does it everyone says its a joke. When NHRA does it all is OK in the race car world.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 12-18-2011 at 01:08 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote