View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 12:06 AM   #48
pfordamx

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: new combo missing a bunch of power?

worked on the car today and have seemingly struck a possible major part of the issue. first off we ran a compression test the variance was from 210-214 i think this roughly were it should be. verified tdc, phased in the distributor. and pulled out the msd digital 6 and blaster 2 in favor of 7al2 and HVC pro power coil and installed new spark plugs and plug wires. the spark plugs are the interesting part after talking with our carb builder on the phone today and sending him pictures of used plugs he calls back and says i didn't even look at the electrode and i can tell you your problem. those are a number 7 resistor plug you need a none resistor plug, that plug is way too cold and he gave me a part# for the proper plug. and the difference was immediately noticeable we don't have track #s to confirm its fixed but god it sounds crisper and is way less fat it actually seemed to burn the fuel it was the biggest difference i've ever seen in a motor the idle went up it was previously set at 1200 and it was trying to idling 2k this could be partially timing we set it as close as we could without the motor on but didn't verify with a light yet. but it was like a happier more rev happy engine all around hopefully get to go test and tune friday.
pfordamx is offline   Reply With Quote