View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 11:00 PM   #5090
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO23 View Post
Need your opinion here, guys- my Dart is nearly ready to hit the local dragstrip this early summer. Getting upgraded axles now, and the guys working on my car are worried that the Cragar rims just wouldn't be safe with the hp and tire I will be running (950 hp, 604 stroker hemi with cross ram, and 14" slicks). Even modifying them, with bolts ran through the bell, as LiteWeight has suggested, they don't want to take the chance. A shame, since I had just bought a new set of Cragars and slicks. I still have a really nice set of SuperTricks that my car came with, but I really wanted a "1960's" look; not a "1970's" (or later) look. Any suggestions? I thought about just running plain black wide steelies, since my current paint scheme is the original primer gray and black...
I fully understand where your concern is Clint and I wont want to tell you that they will be safe to run. That motor is making alot of power andeven tho these were run on cars including Pro Stocks in 1970 like Landy, Sox, Jenkins and many more that used to side step the clutch at 6,000???( I'm only guessing here) those rims never broke. BUT they didnt have the tire technology or size that is available today.

liteweight
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote