View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #38
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts
Default Re: GM Releases 2013 bogus HP ratings at PRI show

This whole argument comes down to corruption. The manufacturers give money to NHRA in exchange for allowing these bogus cars with bogus motors and bogus horsepower ratings to be allowed in stock and super stock. This corrupts the whole process. NHRA has abdicated it's responsibility to try and provide a level playing field for as one of my friends said, " some pickup trucks and a few courtesy cars". I think it's probably more significant than that but that's what is driving this whole deal. This has been happening for a number of years going back to Oldsmobile in the 70's and 80's, then Pontiac in the 90's but what's happening now is a whole lot different.

All this has been done with no input from members and no regard for how it affects people who have been members for 40 plus years. It's wrong, it's corrupt, and it's damaging our sport and as long as we all keep going to these races nothing will change. I have not been willing to quit, for a couple of reasons including a son who loves drag racing, but I have not attended a National event since 2008. It seems like other people have done the same thing. The sports national races, the points meets, and the national opens seem to still have pretty good fields, but the nationals have had diminished fields. Who ever thought you could get in Indy with one grade point?

Let them run their nationals with just the new cars and see what happens. I have talked to a lot of people in the past four years about this and almost everyone that races an older car is concerned and upset with the whole deal.