Thread: No Decals
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 11:06 PM   #28
Carl Weisinger

Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Smile Re: No Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn Smith View Post
I see more and more racecars with no contingency decals. Most are running Stock,but some SS cars also. Just wondering why? It is free money if you win. Please don't tell me it is hard to collect. I would say 90 % of most companies pay within a few months.You have to run the NHRA Lucas oil decal, so why not a few more?
I've re-quoted something I heard from a smarter racer than myself, several times. This doesn't mean every word is the Gospel. But, it strikes a chord with me. For years I played decal roulette and just couldn't justify. Here's what the guy said (I think). "IF you win the class or eliminator AND IF you check legal AND IF the contingency sponsor has posted for the event AND IF you have had the sponsor's decal on for the entire event AND IF you have the receipt for the product posted for AND IF the product purchase wasn't over (blank years) ago AND IF you can prove you were using it AND IF you wait for months and months, YOU MIGHT GET SOME MONEY!

Don't want to be branded a drug user,... don't do drugs. Don't want an abortion,... don't get one. Don't want to conceal carry a weapon, DON'T DO IT! If you like cars with a bunch of contingency decals on it...… Put them on YOUR car. Comments about your opinions of other racers intelligence don't help. Etc, Etc, Etc,
Carl Weisinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked