View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 11:30 AM   #18
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Steering on SS/LA 58 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
No Sir. I can not find that specifically in the rules.
Hacksaw, while your comments are appreciated, I want to tell you what I was told a few years back by a "NO NONSENSE" NHRA TECH MAN. I would call and ask him a question, and right off the top of his head ... he would say get your rule book and turn to page ...., then he would say ... on the right side, second paragraph see where it says .... and he would recite from memory ... word for word as I was reading it !!!! Then he would break down the paragraph explaining each word, and what it meant! Yes he was that good! Anyway, I would ask him about the rule book, gray areas, and what the rule book did not address ... he set me straight with this statement
"If the rule book says "you can" do this or that, then you can .... If it "doesn't say" you can do this or that, "THEN YOU CAN'T" So that's pretty simple, and it leaves absolutely NO GRAY AREAS ! There's nothing to argue, it said you could do it in Black & White. A lot of folks look at the rule book and say "Well it doesn't say you can't do it ... so I'm gonna do it" kinda like the Henry "Smokey" Yunick RIP would do. The problem then is if/when you get caught, and the book did not say you could do it ... THEN YOU ARE IN VIOLATION, AND THUS SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINE AND/OR PENALTY ... AND IF YOU GET AWAY WITH IT FOR 10 YEARS ... THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S OK ... IF THEY CATCH IT AT ANY TIME ... YOU ARE IN VIOLATION

Wade Mahaffey

Now I know that may not be the case in todays racing for many reasons. But that's why I look for the ruling in Black & White to say "You Can" LOL
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote