View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 09:04 PM   #1
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts
Default Monte Carlo ss bracket and stocker

Well here we go again, I've decided to build myself another race car after swearing off the evil curse. Problem with being a drag racer it never leaves your blood, you just come back for more. I have a Monte Carlo that has been suffering from neglect, which started after my divorce eighteen years ago, I made the mistake of leaving at a friends place, which went from sitting on cement to a grass field. I don't have to tell you about floor rust but there is a lot of it.This is a 1983 Monte Carlo ss bought in January before they were available, this was a special order from my friend through his dealership to General Motor. It's number 004 out of 500, which to me doesn't mean anything because when it becomes valuable I'll be dust around Indianapolis home of the U.S. National(parts anyways)lol.I have a new floor and trunk pans,12 bolts rear end from an older race car project.Drag shocks, brakes from Aeromotive, I'll have my engine built by a former U.S. National winner, A1 trans and I'll ask Mark Yaccavone help with choosing a convertor. Hope Billy Nees will kick in some wisdom on a cheap build, I hope. Anyways since I'm retiring I have to save my pennies, I'll be mostly going to my local track and the occasional BTE Footbrake races. I'm going to maybe to some stock races but that won't be until I'm good with this car. Talking about my Monte Carlo ss it's was not only my ex-wife ride to the groceries but a very potent race car, actually my best earning car. I won two Race of Champions in Montreal one in Sanair and the other in Napierville,with wins in Syracuse and Luskville the car did well. Lots of work in front of me.I'm cleaning my old shop and getting in a lift since I'm feeling those bending exercises. My first question what steering box to return to manual from power steering. I'll be posting pictures soon.Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	200-j-128000010005.jpg
Views:	1487
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	46550  
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote