View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 219 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: Generator Questions and Answers, by R&J Control Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Schurman View Post
Oil and filter is 250 hours, fuel and air filters at 500 hrs.
My experience is that might be a bit too much, I go 200 and 400 respectively.

Fuel consumption will vary depending on how much load is on the engine, so the factory guide lists this:

No load = .11 GPH (gallons per hour)
1/2 load = .48 GPH
Full load = 1.01 GPH

Hope that helps....
I am using way more than that. I have been watching it since you gave me this info and checking every race to see what it is using. Basically what I have been doing is carrying fuel with me and filling the totor up at the track (it runs off one of the truck tanks) before starting the generator and then filling it again when I am done. The last 2 Saturday nights the generator ran from around 5PM to 11 PM. The biggest load all night was when I had the battery charger, weather station, and 1 fluorescent light over the bench in the trailer running. Nothing on in the toter, not even the refridgerator. Most of the time the battery charger only runs for less than 10 min between runs while I have the fans and pump running to cool the car. In 6 hours it burned right at 10 gallons the first night and almost 11 last Saturday night. I thought maybe I had a stuck injector or something so I did oil analysis to see if there was fuel in the oil and everything came back OK. It does not seem to smoke other then very briefly when first started. And runs great just uses a lot of fuel. Any ideas or should I just not worry about it. Thanks for your help.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote