View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 05:41 AM   #25
D. Hake 4459

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Interesting or Funny Car Stories

Back in about 2005 my buddy had a 1966 Mustang and we had done a lot of work on it. Full tube chassis, 317ci small block with a Jerico with a soft lok clutch. I went racing with him a lot. One day we were at a small 1/8 mile track south of Sallisaw, Oklahoma and had to do a clutch adjustment so he pulled the car up the ramps on his open trailer and put the front tires on the end of the dovetail so I could get under it. We.chocked the back tires with some 4x4's I think. My buddy is about 6'5" and not skinny. He's on the trailer leaning over the front of the car turning the crankshaft to the next spot so I can adjust the next spring and I guess he leaning pretty hard on the car because I saw the car start moving and it was getting ready to come down the ramps so I got ahold of whatever I could and was trying to hold it . I was hoping that someone would put the wood back behind the tire or hold the car so I could get out from under it. About then someone grabbed my ankles and pulled me out then the car came down the ramps. When I stood up I shook the guys hand and thanked him, then I said "I finally figured out what Chevy guys are good for" and he had a perplexed look on his face then I said " to save Ford guys from getting run over by Mustangs" then we all started laughing. I'm sure glad he was there.