View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #29
Michael Kilduff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: life after Super Stock for the Hemi A-bodies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezinn View Post
thank you for the replies and information everyone. someone mentioned the 14x32" tires, when did they come out?

i have and old article that shows the rear suspension modifications and wheeltubs in one of the Gratiot Darts, it's the leaf -link rear set-up. the article is from '75 in Popular Hot Rodding. was this the same car that was rolled into a ball the next year?

why is it hard to track the cars that were converted to '70-'71 trim? do they drop off the radar a bit because of the update? i wonder if any of those guys who updated the cars still have the '68 pieces collecting dust somewhere.

Dave
I think the 14x32 slicks came out in either 1972 or 1973.....during the Hemi Challenge every friday at Indy (US Nationals) Herb McCandless tells the story of how he was the first to use the tires...they were so new at the time the tires didn't even have lettering on them. I think the were Firestones, not sure though. He was part of the factory team back then and he usually says everybody was trying to get their hands on them while he had a 2-3 race advantage over everybody else.