Thread: SS/CS Record
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #2
Ven302

Liked 28 Times in 6 Posts
Smile Re: SS/CS Record

MIke,
Thanks for the good words, it was not to be. I made some good runs Thursday, but was not happy with my incremental numbers, changed the rear gear that night. After doing my usual lash/vs pressure ritual, I also went through the carburetor and re mapped my timing curve.
GREED took over on Friday morning and I had the shocks too loose. The car had never came up that high before, got on the wheelie bars and unloaded the tires. The engine went to 10K then as the car fell the tires hooked then the 1-2 shift car sounded like it had a four speed! Among that chaos I squeaked a 9.33 enough for a back up but now I could only run between a 9.24 and 9.27 for the record. 9.23 would not get a back up. Then it RAINED. The 9.27 on Sunday morning was the culmination of a lot of hard work not only by Lorraine and myself, but an EXTRA special thanks to HUTCH in London, and Lenny at Ultimate for both doing as I asked and in a very short time frame. I am sure they both roll their eyes when I come up with a new idea, but as always they delivered. I also want to thank the Little's, Janice and Bill for being there when I needed an extra hand. As well Victor Guilmino, and the unknown Top Sportsman racer who helped me fix a flat front tire seconds before the third time trial on Thursday. A gracious thank you to both!

Who knows maybe Ill try a "hail-Mary" this weekend and get my sxxt down to Indy!
Ven302 is offline   Reply With Quote