View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #23
jmarkaudio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dominator Carb in Supergas

Nothing at all wrong with a Dominator in any of the Super classes when they are set up right and not overkill for the engine. The right boosters help, they can improve signal and recovery when the stop comes off. As far as 2 or 3 circuit, it really depends on the stop type, engine airflow, and RPM run while on the stop. For most a 2 circuit works very well and is very stable on and coming off the stop. Inline stops I would always use a 2 circuit. I have not messed with a disc stop but it should be fine as well, pulling fuel and air though the center. On an under carb blade stop a 2 circuit usually works well, but it depends on how far the blades are closed. If it's a large engine that pulls a lot of air and runs the set RPM with the blades closed far enough, or the RPM is set too low, the boosters are not able to provide a stable fuel delivery. And with the stop blades well below the idle and transition metering they are unable to provide enough fuel either. This can cause the RPM to flutter on the stop. Having intermediate fuel in this case can make an improvement, but it doesn't need to be much to do it. Excessive intermediate fuel is never wanted or needed, it will only hurt consistency and performance. It was originally added to work with individual runner engine where the runner pulsing is not dampened like it is with a plenum style intake. The pulses disrupt the booster signal at part throttle, so intermediate fuel is added to fill in the hole. If you chose to go to a 3 circuit BLP wide body metering blocks are the only ones I will use. The idle circuit uses no tubes in the main wells, and they allow the idle feed restriction to be located at the bottom of the main well.

Last edited by jmarkaudio; 09-17-2013 at 10:29 PM.
jmarkaudio is offline   Reply With Quote