View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 07:36 AM   #8
Robin Lawrence
Sponsor

Liked 637 Times in 109 Posts
Default Re: 1988 mustang double adjustable strut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodfin View Post
Robin, I see it listed on the Strange web site. Do you have any personal experience as to the adjustability and suitability for door car drag racing? Specifically, controlling the bounce after wheelie.
On my previous Fox body Mustangs I have used Santuff and Strange. The Santuff's were internally limited travel and worked well. They were very expensive and I was lucky that a friend had them new and sold them to me. I was able to avoid the huge wait time.

I currently have Strange double adjustable on my 13 Stocker. I have had very good luck with them and only issues with bounce is if the gear change coincides with when the tires come back down.
I had Strange on the rears and have tried Afco's that worked the same as my Strange rear double adjustable shocks. At the recommendation of Rick and Ricky Jones I had the Strange dyno'd and re valved by Strange. That solved an issue that I had with stiffness.
There are a ton of great companies out there doing shocks and struts. Line up with someone that knows your type of car and is able to re valve in a timely manner. Strange is one day or 3 hours driving away from me. Makes it very easy to get done in a week or so.

Just an FYL, after years of running their Brakes, Axles, Rear end components and Shocks and Struts I have worked out a support program with Strange. So, I am a little biased.

Robin