View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 09:21 PM   #162
Pinballer

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: My 88 Olds wagone U/SA 10 Pennies

Anybody who's contemplating getting into the Stocker area and has been reading this thread, hear this:
One thing I now have a whole new appreciation for is that if you're a one-man show building an entry level car like this Olds is in your own stable on your own dime, if you are a typical working stiff like most un-retired people are, it takes a LONG time to get everything done. There are a ton of little things to do if you want these cars to perform in the manner they need to, and doing them takes precious hours at the expense of others. The only thing that can hurry this process up any is cubic dollars and paying someone else to do stuff for you. Some of us simply cannot do that.

I cut a few corners on my AMX build seen on here trying to get it put together good enough to race at the very end of the 2016 season in hopes of gathering some data and more knowledge to march on with in 2017, and now I'm having to go back and re-do stuff because it's not even close to the index yet. The 2017 testing taught me several lessons so I'm probably going to be better off for it in the long run, but it was somewhat painful on the learning curve.

Congrats on the motor firing up and being that much closer to the finish line on this car, Jeff. I remember when my home-freshened 6 banger stocker engine fired up last summer and the satisfaction it created.
We're all behind you! Keep going man...
Liked