View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #9
alejan1975

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 89 mustang stock elim project

OK so the "get ready for spring" definitely did not happen.

Busy life takes priority!

I started work on the shortblock and didn't get very far. Opened up the oil drain back channels at the front/rear of the block and added vents to the 3 holes that would have oil drain on the rotating assembly. Crank is in, cam installed/degreed and that's it!

My plan was to try and do the valve job on the heads myself w/ an old grinder set i picked up, but i don't have the time to invest. I'm going to take them to the local machine shop and get a good 3 angle job. Nothing too trick right now, i'm not worried about the heads too much until i get the thing down the track, dialed in etc. I know it won't be super competitive, but baby steps . . .

Also, i'm second guessing using the stock valves i bought. i got a good price on a new set, but they are so dang heavy and the different retainer location on the exhaust valve will just complicate things.

Any recommendations for what valves to run for E7TE heads? stock size is 1.78/1.46. I think if i get a better set of valves and back cut the intake, even without putting a bunch of time/money into the heads, i shoudl improve the flow some based on what i've read.

already have springs that i think will work.

Thanks in advance